Why it's good to take a break.

by - Monday, August 15, 2016


Firstly I feel the need to say I'm sorry to all my lovely readers for not creating new content for you all for a while. I've had a lot going on with moving jobs, becoming poorly (which I'll share you with all at a later date), decorating our home and university courses, that I just haven't had the time of day. And before I knew it, August was here (and nearly over might I add). 

Although I love my little space on the web, very (very) dearly, I've felt like it was the right thing to do, to take a little digital detox and just take for my self, completely unexpectedly but totally necessary. And it's got me thinking, about how sometimes it can be really important just to take a break from the manic social world we live in, and well, just enjoy life. So, I thought I'd share some of the reasons why this break has been really beneficial for me. 

QUALITY TIME

As many of you know, I recently got married. And you may also know, how much trying to build and manage your platform on a daily basis. From scheduling posts and Instagram photos, to sharing content on Facebook and Twitter and generally being social-able with the blogging world can have an adverse effect on your family life, especially when you have a full time job to manage around your blog. And let's face it, family is the most important thing in the world.  

Having a break or making sure that you take at least one day off a week to enjoy quality time with your family and friends, allows you to create memories and, just, be. Over these past few months, I've found myself spending more evenings with my family and close friends, whether it be enjoy a meal, catching up on a coffee or even watching a movie together. And creating wonderful memories celebrating weddings, birthday's and enjoying more date nights with my hubby. 

MORE SOCIAL-ABLE

The amount of times I've been told off by family, or given the look by friends when I'm having to ask them to not start eating their dinner or drinking their fancy drink, so I can take a quick Snapchat or an Instagram photo - not all the time I promise.

Blogging is a full time job, it means sharing your life (if that's what you choose) with the world and it's dog. And I choose to do that, but at the same time, it's nice to realise there's a time and a place and sometimes Instagram can go without a photo and Twitter doesn't need to know where I am every hour of the day, so I can just enjoy spending time with my family and friends, whether that be eating, drinking, going out dancing or doing nothing. Although I'm still a Snapchat fanatic, I do consider others (I hope) and make sure that I do calm it down sometimes.

aCLEAR MIND

Being a writer is hard, especially being a blogger as you're not given ideas or content, you have to think of everything yourself. And it's completely normal to get writers block, we're all human and we all do it, and it's better to take a break, give yourself time to relax and wind down and wait for new content to hit you. Because let's face it, there's nothing worse than writing blah, with no meaning or passion, as it does show in your writing and it's a complete waste of your own time.




What are your thoughts on taking a digital detox?




You May Also Like

0 Comments