Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation and Concealer

by - Sunday, July 05, 2015


I am still yet to find the Mr Right of foundations, my skin type changes so often that I always have to have a selection but still struggle to find the one that will suit all my skin needs. When stumbling across Clinique's Beyond Perfecting Foundation and Concealer I just knew I had to try it and put it to the test - for those of you, who are like me and usually avoid the natural/no make-up look in summer then keep reading!

Beyond Perfecting Foundation and Concealer is suitable for all skin types and it's main benefit it adds moisture to your skin without leaving an oily finish. This foundation-concealer duo adds a natural, beyond perfected look that lasts all day, is lightweight, covers imperfections without clogging pores and lasts through sweat and humidity - or so Clinique say anyway. So I thought I would put it to the test and see how well it really lasts!









My first experience of this, seemed positive - or so I thought. I popped to my local Clinique counter to get matched up for this foundation as the reviews had mentioned that this is a little different to other Clinique shades. If you follow me on twitter you will have seen that once I purchased the foundation and used it for the first time, it looked like I had used Ronseal on my face as I was clearly matched too dark. However, I managed to pick up the right shade in Duty Free and Clinique kindly reimbursed me for the incorrectly matched product - Thanks Clinique! So my little tip for you, make sure you get matched properly before purchasing or even ask for a sample to go away and try as the lighting in stores is different to natural light. 

PRO'S
  • Lipgloss shaped wand which has a flat edge to apply foundation over your face and a slanted tip which makes it easy when applying dabs to conceal unwanted blemishes. 
  • Nice creamy thick formula which has a full-coverage with one application.
  • Natural dewy-matte look
  • Blends easy and dries quickly

CON'S
  • Shows up lines, fine hairs and wrinkles quite easy.
  • Not very good if you work in a stuffy office all day, as you feel like your make-up is melting off your skin.
  • Wouldn't be suitable if you prefer a light-dewy finish. 

Most of the time, I find this foundation amazing on my skin as it covers all my imperfections and lasts well - usually when work have the aircon on so it's not so stuffy - but some days I find it feels like it's melting off your skin. The coverage is high and is amazing for covering acne scars and unwanted blemishes. Overall, I still love this foundation and I will definitely be wearing this on my wedding day (luckily for me its an outdoor abroad wedding) as I know this will last really well all day. Before you purchase, make sure you definitely pop in store to be matched up as there are over 25 shades online, there is just no way you will be able to guess the right shade.

Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation and Concealer retails at £25.00 and is available from Clinique  instore counters and online, and other stockists. 

What do you think of Clinique's Beyond Perfecting Foundation and Concealer? Are there any other high-coverage foundations that you would recommend I try?



You May Also Like

2 Comments

  1. Ah I had a sample of this but it was orange next to my pale skin! The formula looks lovely though. The wand is definitely a plus!

    Laura | www.laurahadley.co.uk ♥ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wand is really good for application, and the formula is like a creamy-moose like fluid. Definitely pop in and get a colour match and a sample to try x

      Delete