Planner Essentials To Get Organised

by - Thursday, January 14, 2016


Ah, a new year. Which often means setting yourself copious amounts of goals, to-do lists and resolutions to make yourself a better person - even if I think you’re pretty great as you are! – but, we all do it. Set ourselves goals in a new year to hopefully (and finally) get round to doing those things we have always dreamed of. Yes, I know I am the same. But we have to start somewhere and surely having that idea and that goal means that we are one step closer to becoming the best version of ourselves? Probably.

When setting goals, I hold my hands up when I say it’s so hard to keep track of my goals and the progress I am hopefully making. I find that the best way for me to stay on target and to actually achieve my goals is to get organised by using a trusted plannerAnd I have a few tips on how to make organising fun all for you - Woah, I sound like Monica Gellar!
 PLANNERS
First things first, get yourself a planner. Or a diary, or even a note book. Something that you can use to write down a list of goals, when you want to complete them by and the steps you are going to take. There isn’t a specific type of planner or book you need, just something you will find comfortable, easy to use and suits your style. My personal favourite are FiloFax and Kikki-K but if you’re not a ring binder-diary kinda gyal (or guy), then you might prefer a notebook style, or even just a jotter.
 TO-DO’S AND WEEKLY PLANS
For FiloFax and Kikki-K style planners, it’s so much easier to get fancy inserts to pop in your planner. You can get ones for budgeting, ones for weekly goals, a to-do list, a daily/weekly/monthly overview. You name it and they probably have it. Having different sections (divided by tabs) in a planners help me keep on track and organised. I use my week-to-two-page diary as my general day to day planner to keep track of what I am doing and where I need to be. I then have a tab with a Kikki-K weekly goals insert which I holepunch and pop one on each week, I mainly use this for fitness or food related goals i.e. drink 2 litres of water, do yoga etc. I have a tab with to-do inserts where I write all my blog post ideas that I want to write, and finally I have a tab that is purely finance related so I can keep track of my pennies and know what comes out on what date. Talk about organised eh?
 DECORATION & ACCESSORIES
If you are getting started, seriously just search the hashtag #planneraddict on twitter and Instagram and just look at all the super cute and fun planners. And doesn’t it look so much more fun? I love decorating my planner because not only do I find it therapeutic but I enjoy using it when it’s all decorated. Hashtag Nerd I know. Once you start, if you’re like me then you will become addicted. There are so many options to decorating your planner, it could be using washi tape, stickers, quirky post-it notes or even just by using different coloured pens. Whatever your thing is, just go with it and most importantly – have fun!
 MOTIVATION
Okay, so this might sound a little odd seeing as this post is meant to be motivation to organise you. But I do find it helpful to add motivational cards, phrases or images into my planner to keep me interested and on track. This could be adding “dashboards” or que cards of your favourite phrases and placing them at random pages throughout your planner. I also get creative and stick pretty or fun things in my planner to keep me interested, so I use cute stickers where I can tick off how many glasses I have a day. Call me geeky, but I find this stuff super fun so it motivates me to drink more water as I find it a challenge to tick them all off. See, not so silly now is it.
 I hope you enjoyed this post, I know it’s a little different to my usual content but I’ve always been a little stationery nerd so I just wanted to share. If you want to see more posts like this then drop a comment below and let me know what you’d like to see.

PS. Want to win a pair of Rose Gold earrings? Head over to my previous post HERE to enter.


 Like this post? Remember to follow me on Bloglovin to keep up to date with all my latest posts.

Disclaimer: Photo sourced from Pinterest. Photo is linked to the owners page and photo. 

You May Also Like

0 Comments