Signature Scents‏

by - Thursday, February 25, 2016





Everyone has a signature scent. Even if you occasionally mix things up by using other fragrances, there will always be one fragrance that you return to. I find that even when I do “mix it up” the scents are quite similar as they have the same or similar base notes and theme. Having worked in The Fragrance Shop when I was younger, I had fell in love with perfume and since then I became an addict. I confess that I do spend a lot of money on perfume and I have a pretty nice collection, but I do still use the same few, just because they’re my faves and here’s the reasons why.


Miss Dior (or Miss Dior Cherie as it was previously known) was created for “an elegant, spirited young woman who’s in love” – how cute? With a romantic vibe, this fragrance is intense, seductive and classy. A truly beautiful combination of fragrance notes that allows the scent to grow on your skin developing into a soft but sexy scent. At first you’ll notice a fresh and fruity scents of Mandarin and Wild Strawberries, combined with soft floral notes of the Jasmine Absolute and Rose, finishing with an elegance of Patchouli and Amber Wood. Miss Dior is a fragrance that captivates and entices people when worn. Whenever I wear this scent, I always get complimented and asked what I am wearing. By family, friends or mixed ages and even men who are asking for their wives and girlfriends. Miss Dior is a timeless classic and is definitely one I’d recommend picking up. Although it can be quite costly at £99 for 100ml for EDP, it lasts a very long time and you do not need to wear a lot of the fragrance to be noticed.


Coco Mademoiselle is just a classic Chanel fragrance. You are either a Chanel No5 girl, a Coco Noir girl or a Coco Mademoiselle girl. Although I do actually like all three, Coco Mademoiselle is definitely my favourite. Chanel created this fragrance with a bold, free woman with a strong personality in mind and says that this is the fragrance of an independent woman who breaks the rules to create her own. Similar to the Miss Dior, Coco Mademoiselle has fresh, vibrant notes of Orange as well as sensual heart notes of Jasmine and Rose, finishing with a pure essence of Patchouli but with an extra note of Vetiver that emphasises the composition of the fragrance. Coco Mademoiselle is probably my ultimate favourite, although Miss Dior comes pretty darn close. Coco Mademoiselle costs £96.00 for the EDP 100ml which surprisingly is a little cheaper than Miss Dior, but I’d recommend picking this up from the Duty Free store at the airports as I managed to pick up a 200ml EDP for only £127 which is an absolute steal.


Now, technicallyyyy this can’t be classed as one of my “signature scents” as I only have a miniature 10ml bottle. BUT I love it and I will be picking this up some time soon with my Boots points. Yippee! Sticking with the fragrance notes of Mandarin, Jasmine, Amber Wood and Patchoili, this fragrance is pretty and sensual whilst being quite alluring. Accompanied with Honeysuckle nectar, Fresh Lily, China Absolute and Dewy Petals this fragrance has an a touch of magic. Fragrances are extremely hard to describe, but this scent is sleek, sensual and very intriguing. You’ll just have to go and try it for yourself! Modern Muse retails at £90 for 100ml EDP.
What are your signature scents? What fragrances would you recommend?


You May Also Like

0 Comments