Naughty Blogger...

by - Saturday, January 31, 2015


I am definitely writing this post with my head bowed down in shame, and I really don't have much of an excuse for me not writing in such a long time. I know that my New Years Resolution is to start making time for things I love, like blogging - but if I am honest January has completely zoomed by I don't know where it's gone. I do have some exciting(ish) things to tell you and hopefully I now have my life in order and I can get back to regular posts. 

As I never really got round to telling you my New Years Resolutions and without blubbering on, I thought I would give you a general update on my life since Christmas.

Most of you will know that 2013 was a pretty pants year for me and my fiancé, and if I am honest I don't even remember it and well 2014 was virtually a write off as well as so much happened it just flew by, and it made me think that when you are in a difficult situation no matter what it is you will realise who your true friends are - I know that everyone say's it, but it's true! 

One good thing came out of 2014 and that was me getting engaged to the love of my life, so this year, I decided to focus on what's important, and to actually spend time doing things that make me happy rather than doing things that make other people happy. I am no longer going to go out of my way to try and please everyone, especially if it's not something that makes me, my fiancé or my family happy. I know that may sound really selfish, but I actually sat and thought about what really makes me happy and realised that I shouldn't be surrounding myself with negative thoughts/comments and I especially shouldn't be wasting time on things that aren't important to me. Life is too short, if you are not doing something that makes you happy then change it. You are the only person who can change your destiny, and the only person who can control your own happiness. 

I made sure that 2014 ended on a positive note and I left working for a company that I no longer liked or enjoyed working for (to put it politely) and I started working for a company that is just completely different and my whole life is so much less stressful, and I managed to sort out my uni work which got into a bit of a pickle last year but it's okay now as I am back on track and I am ready to start my next module in April. 

Anywho, my little preach is now over. And Its finally 2015 which means I AM GETTING MARRIED THIS YEAR. I don't actually think it has kicked in yet, even though I have finally sorted plans for my Wedding Dress to be made, and I am having my bridesmaid dresses made too so it's all finally starting to fall into place. I have also asked my Best Man, my Maid of Honour and Bridesmaids to be there by my side (in case you forgot I created little boxes which I have blogged about here) and we booked the most amazing venue in Spain which means its an excuse for a holiday to "wedding plan" hehe. 

I have also started a new healthy lifestyle, yes you heard right - this lady has finally got her bootay off the sofa and started working out regularly and been eating healthy (to be honest, I wasn't a bad eater before but I am being really good this time) and I feel so much better and I absolutely love it. I joined this group with the help and push from a friend and it was the best decision ever as it has changed my whole life and the way I think about eating and exercise, and an opportunity has arisen for me to join this company (along side my other job) and I really hope it's something that will work out - I just have to sort a few things. But all in all it seems that everything this year has started really positive and I couldn't be happier! 

That's if from me for now, it was just a quick update to let you know that I haven't vanished. I will be posting ALOT more often from now and I will be starting a fitness series too and sharing yummy recipes and workouts and other things. I will also keep you updated with wedding plans - with proper posts! Sorry I haven't been able to do this at the moment, as my dress is being designed I don't really have anything to share but I will keep you posted with my experiences of planning a wedding in a different country, and if you have anything you would like to see - just leave a comment below and let me know :) 

And remember, no matter what... 








You May Also Like

0 Comments