Getting To Know Me: Bucket List/Things I Want To Do Before I Am 40

by - Saturday, May 02, 2015







I thought I would try something a little different and share some things about me that you probably don’t know as I think it would be great for you to get to know me better, and likewise I want to get to know you so please feel free to share your Bucket List in the comments below :-) This post is for me to share with you the items on my bucket list and some of the things I really want to do before I am 40 - I say 40 as I am now 25 I don’t feel like I will be able to get all of this done in the next 5 years.. Oh my god – I am 30 in five years. Now that is scary!



I know people usually have some crazy things on their bucket so I will start by warning you that mine will not be like this, as to put it bluntly I am a huge wimp! I get scared on walking over a high bridge with things travelling below me, I still run up the stairs before bed after turning all the lights out, I absolutely HATE sleeping when no-one is in my house and I am petrified of dying, not a normal death as I am fine with that but I always freak myself out thinking that I am going to get attacked or tortured – Maybe I should stop watching all these American crime/thrillers? Yes I think that’s possibly wise...



I am also quite possibly the least sportiest person ever so I just wouldn’t even bother doing something like a bungee jump or anything like that so I am afraid to disappoint as you won’t be seeing me doing anything like this anytime soon or even on my list, and more than likely a lot of these might not even happen but either way they are still things that I want to do and hopefully will be able to do it in the future, so I hope you enjoy!



Despite being a little afraid of heights, I really want to learn to fly a plane or a helicopter. Or a jet or an Army/RAF plane, now that would be super cool!



As I am part Chinese, I would really love to visit China with my family to visit my Nana’s hometown and just to visit the city. This is something that is a must! So at some point in the hopefully near future this will be ticked off my list.


 



This one is possibly on a fair few Bucket List’s but I really want to see the Northern Lights and stay in the ‘Kakasluttanen Village’ as it just looks absolutely amazing!




I want to live in America, I love the idea of living in Seattle or Boston – even though I have never been it just looks beautiful and I just really want to live there. Don’t worry, I am still a proud Brit though!



I would absolutely love to learn Arabic, I think the language is beautiful and despite being really hard to learn and possibly never using it I still think it would be cool to have that on my CV!





Probaby on every girls wishlist (for those who have never been) but I really want to spend Christmas in New York and do lots of shopping, visit the big tree, dance in Times Square, go shopping in SAKS and Macy’s, visit Central Park covered in snow and just watch people skate (seems I can’t skate haha) I have actually started to hopefully make this come true as I have started saving up and I plan to take my mum for her 60th Birthday just me and her as she always said that she wanted to take me for my 21st, but other things needed paying for so I guess it’s my way of showing her my appreciation for everything she has done for me over the years.



This one may seem a little random, but I am literally obsessed with cute stationary, pens, pencils, stickers and all those crafty kind of things but I never find ones that I absolutely love – possibly because I am so fussy or maybe because the UK is awful for things like this. So my dream is to set up my own company designing, making and selling these cute little bits – I just don’t know how to do it. But I suppose it’s something to work towards!



Run a Marathon – I know I said I am the least sportiest person ever but I don’t mind running or doing a jog, I have a long way to go before I could run a Marathon but I really want to do it and raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust which is a charity close to my heart so I will eventually do it, I just don’t know when!



Learn to swim.. Yes you heard that right! I can’t swim. It’s not like I don’t want to and I haven’t tried but I just can’t swim very well, I can slightly doggy paddle and float-swim in a pool but I can’t go in the deep end properly. I had years of lessons when I was younger but never picked it up so I really want to learn properly so I can feel safe when I go on a boat or on these water bouncy castle things.


 



One thing I plan to do – hopefully for my honeymoon, is to have a tour of America. The cities that I am lusting to go to are New York, San Fransicsco, Las Vegas, LA (of course to go shopping on Rodeo Drive), Seattle, Miami, Florida and Washington DC. Fingers crossed if all wedding plans run smoothly we should be able to treat ourselves to an amazing honeymoon where we can visit all these wonderful places.







See, I told you nothing is really exciting but I hope you enjoyed reading my Bucket List/Things to do before I die. I’d really love to hear your thoughts on the items in my list and whether these are also on yours? Also leave a comment with what items you would have/have on your Bucket List as I would love to read them.


You May Also Like

0 Comments