Prima Sapori D'Italia in Covent Garden

by - Friday, September 23, 2016












Usually, it's not my 'thing' to write foody relating posts. But I thought, what the heck, let's mix it up a little. And, besides, after stumbling across this quaint family-run Italian, in the heart of Covent Garden, I just could resist sharing the details with you. Upon arrival, I admit the restaurant isn't as extravagant as other Italian's, as it has more of a bistro-esque, but don't let that phase you, as the food is absolutely incredible. 

After a long day of walking approximately 9 miles around the sights London, we were in need of food. And I mean proper food, not a grab-on-the-go salad from Pret. So, while we were strolling through Covent Garden, taking in all the wonderful, creative vibes, we stumbled across Prima Sapori D'Italia. 

They offer seating both inside and out, but because of the typical British Autumn weather, we decided to sit inside, where we were served our drinks. Whenever I go to an Italian, I like to have a proper lemonade - as it's just so much better than your glass of sprite, and my mum decided to have a glass of their freshly squeezed orange juice. FYI, my mum said it was the best fresh-juice she'd ever had, just thought I'd share.

Feeling a little full after a big slab of cake, my mum decided to have the chicken, mozzarella and avocado salad - which I wish I had, as it looked absolutely incredible. Considering we were at an Italian (have I said that already?), I thought it would be rude not to eat Pasta, so I opted for the ham and parmesan ravioli, which was surprisingly light, yet delicious. And my god-mum chose a classic carbonara with pasta instead of spaghetti. 

All the food is freshly made, right in front of your eyes. And not only can you eat in, but they also do a takeaway option of pastas, light bites and paninis. One thing I must say, is the service is top-notch. The staff are super friendly, and you can tell they take pride in their work. We all found the service and food delightful, and we will most certainly return, the next time we visit Covent Garden.


You May Also Like

0 Comments