The Acne Diaries: How to Prevent Bacne

by - Sunday, June 22, 2014


So this post is all about preventing bacne (back-acne) and before I start I want to say that I am no expert, and I cannot guarantee this will cure your bacne but this has certainly helped me and my skin is a lot clearer and I now feel a little more confident wearing a strappy top in the summer or even an open back dress (ish). 

All of the products featured are available online or on the highstreet and are all reasonable priced. If you seen my last post I mentioned a few do's and dont's and one of the most important do's is finding the right products that work that also are not stuffed with perfumes, alcohol and fragrances and the next few products you will see should suit all skin types that suffer from acne and I am hoping (fingers crossed) these help you like they have helped me. 




Spa Find Perfect Purity - Dermabalance Face & Body Wash Link £11.60

This product is said to have control your acne and reduces scars, eliminates impurities and to reduce the oil production in your skin which prevents spots. I use a couple of pumps of this on a body brush and apply is small circular motions, it is important to not be vigorous with the brush as this can actually damage your skin and could cause more spots. On the occasions my skin is worse I use this twice over and gently rinse with water. 



Cactus Body Brush, Bodycare £3.99 

This brush may look a little scary but it really is not rough at all. When wet the brush is quite delicate on the skin and works wonders for cleansing your skin with product whilst gently removing any dead skin cells. I wouldn't recommend using this to treat facial acne as the skin is more delicate but if you suffer from acne on any other area of your body you definitely need to pick up a body brush, you don't need an expensive one at all as this was pretty reasonable and has lasted me a while and still has loads of use left. 


Sudocrem, Any Pharmaceutical Store £2.99


Finally when I am out of the bath/shower I apply a thin layer of sudocrem on any blemishes and leave it to work it's magic. For those who have never used Sudocrem before it is an antiseptic and antibacterial product that helps clear/heal your skin and is one of the best products to use if you have acne - this is literally a miracle product as you can use it for just about anything.


I have been using this routine for a good few months now and I really think they all work, I really wish I found this routine when I was younger as my skin is now so much better and my back is a lot clearer than it's been in a very long time - I admit it's not perfect and there are still a lot of scars from when I was younger which I can't get rid of but my confidence has had a massive boost and my skin is slowly improving to how I want it.

I really hope you found the second post in my Acne Diaries series useful, if you would like to see anything covered or have anything you would like me answer please feel free to leave a comment :)




You May Also Like

2 Comments

  1. I really need to sort my back out, it's more scarred than actual active acne now though (not sure which is the lesser of the two evils?!)

    Jade x
    Beauty Butterfly | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same problem! I am trying a new electrical product called Magnitone, its like clarisonic but you can use on your back so I will let you know how I get on :) xx

      Delete