Holiday: Overnight Bag Essentials

by - Tuesday, November 03, 2015


Whether you are going on a weekend away, travelling with work or stopping at your friends for a cosy sleepover you are going to need an overnight bag filled with your essentials to help make your stay more comfortable. I am a complete worrier when it comes to stopping somewhere, what if I don’t pack the right things, or what happens if I forget something? So I decided to share with you a list that I follow when packing an overnight bag.

CUTE PYJAMA’S
Regardless of whether you are stopping at your boyfriends, friends or on your own. Cute pyjama’s is a must. I hate sleeping in anything but cute, pretty or comfy jim-jams. I don’t know why but they just make me feel so much better and make me feel so cosy when sleeping. Seriously, when it comes to PJ’s I am a complete hoarder. My fiancé tells me off as I am forever buying new PJ’s as I already have a whole drawer dedicated to this beloved item of clothing, but some of my cute shorts-and-baggy-tee’s sets are from Primark and my prettier, more cosy ones are from Next, albeit Next PJ’s are about £30 they last year’s so it’s definitely worth the money.  
FLUFFY SOCKS/SLIPPERS
What would cute PJ’s be without fluffy socks or cute slippers to match? Exactly. I don’t know about you, but I hate staying in a hotel or at someone elses house without fluffy socks or slippers, I hate the feeling of other floors on my feet. I also would hate the thought of borrowing someone else’s socks or slippers if my feet were all of a sudden to become freezing cold. So always pack a pair, just in case! Primark seriously have the best cute fluffy socks or fluffy ballerina slippers, which are also perfect for rolling or popping into your bag.
SLEEP MASK
Even at home, I can’t sleep without a sleep mask. Even if you have the worlds darkest bedroom I couldn’t sleep there without my sleep mask. I don’t know why but I just feel so much more relaxed (and so much more like Blair Waldorf) when I wear a sleep mask. I am currently lusting after one of the Aromatherapy Associates eye masks as they are just heavenly but whilst I am on a budget I’ll stick to my pretty and soft ones from Primark, eBay or cute one’s from lingerie shops (non kinky, obvs).
SKIN CARE
My biggest pet hate is sleeping with make-up on, it’s just ewww. Even after a wild night out, the first thing I do when I get home (after raiding the fridge of course) is taking my lashes, and layers of make-up off. I have religiously used Liz Earle since I was about 15 and that ain’t about to change, even after countless cocktails. When travelling, I love the mini Liz Earle products. Liz Earle have a male and female travel skincare set that will have everything you need to remove any make-up and dirt, clean your face and just make you feel that whole lot fresher. Although the sets are about £20 each, they do last a while and are the perfect size to pop in your travel bag.
ESSENTIALS
First thing on a girls “essentials” list is make-up, because (if you’re like me) then god forbid would you go out without packing your make-up. The other essentials include toothbrush and toothpaste, obviously. If you are a light or delicate sleeper like me, I always take a sleeve of Nytol Herbal sleeping tablets. Don’t worry these are not heavily medicated and won’t put you into a sleep-coma, but they do help you have a “deeper” night’s sleep so if you are staying in a hotel (or at a friends who have children) then these are a must. Also - when I don’t forget - I try to take earplugs, especially when staying in a hotel where there may be background noises from other rooms or in the corridors then earplugs will be your best friend. I pick mine up from eBay which you can buy a multipack for a couple of quid.
ELECTRICALS
I absolutely hate being without a phone. So the most important electrical item is your phone charger, I also pack my portable re-charging device thingy which I make sure is fully charged too. This way, I am twice as unlikely to be without a phone. Phew. Panic over. If you are stopping in a hotel (or somewhere that might not have them) then don’t forget to pack a hair dryer and straighteners if needed. I can live without a hair dryer as my hair is so thick (and takes forever to dry) I make sure its freshly washed, dried and styled before I travel, however straighteners is a completely different story as if I didn’t take a pair then I would resemble Hagrid from Harry Potter. It’s not a good look.
What are your overnight travel essentials? Is there anything I have forgotten that you’d recommend I pack on my next trip?




*Disclaimer: Image Sourced from Pinterest

You May Also Like

0 Comments