Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation Review

by - Wednesday, August 13, 2014







This was a complete impulse buy after seeing so many reviews from other bloggers, I picked up Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation from Boots as I really wanted to start using high street make-up more as over the years I had completely gone off high street make-up and become a high end snob, hopefully no more though!

Rimmel say that this foundation instantly reawakens your skin and adds a healthy glow whilst minimizing premature skin ageing. It is a light, smooth texture for natural poreless coverage and instantly eliminates signs of tiredness and lifts skin from fatigue whilst leaving a flawless natural finish. This foundation also contains peptides that increases the elasticity in your skin and has a SPF 15 to help protect your skin.

I have oily/combination skin but occasionally my skin can be dull and dry and I often need some colour and a glow adding to my skin. My instant thoughts when using this foundation was 'this is going to make me orange' but it doesn't as the product is easily blend-able without leaving those unwanted tide marks or orange blotchy marks across your face. If you have ever used YSL Touché Éclat foundation this is very similar (I say very similar as the YSL is a favourite of mine).

I picked up this up in the Shade Soft Beige - 200, I usually use MAC NC20/NW20 or YSL BR40 so you have an idea for comparison. The coverage of this foundation isn't very heavy so it's perfect if you want an 'Au Naturale' look but on those days when you need a little extra cover I mix this with my normal day to day cover foundation or dab a few blobs of this on top on my T-Zone and under my eyes just to give me a glow. The cost is very reasonable at £8.99 from Boots but if you search the right places i.e. supermarkets you can pick this up a lot cheaper. 

I haven't taken before or after photo's as I wanted to save you all from seeing a close up of my mug on your screens but I am very impressed with this foundation and I think it's a great little foundation to have in your make-up bag to use on those days you need an extra glow. 

What are your thoughts on Wake Me Up Foundation?








You May Also Like

4 Comments

  1. I adore this foundation, it is bloody brilliant :)

    Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Wake Me Up foundation, it is always one I always turn back to :)

    Sophia Meola | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same one but in the concealer and love it! I want to try the foundation next x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've nominated you for 'The Versatile Blogger Award' Check it out here: http://teacupsnmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/the-versatile-blogger-award.html xx

    ReplyDelete