Clinique Stay Matte Foundation

by - Monday, May 26, 2014








I had been lusting over this foundation ever since I swatched it and I finally committed myself to buying it. I bought Clinique Stay Matte Foundation £22.00 in shade Linen which is suitable for Fair skin, if you usually use a MAC foundation this is a similar shade to NC20 or if you wear YSL this is similar to BR40 shade. 

The foundation is a gel-cream texture which almost feels like a mousse with a mattifying finish. The coverage is quite subtle compared to my other foundations but the foundation is lightweight making it easy to wear throughout the day. If you wear MAC Studio Sculpt this foundation is very similar but not as heavy and the coverage is not as strong. My skin is Combination but when at work throughout the day I often get shine spree's but ever since using this product I have noticed my skin is shine-free and this foundations lasts all day. 

This has to be my favourite foundation, especially for Spring Summer when you don't want a heavy look this foundation is perfect. The product blends well and as this is a squeezy tube rather than a glass bottle I think you will get more use out of it. For the times when I want a heavier look (like a night out) I wear this as a second coat on a dewy foundation like YSL Touche Eclat or MAC Studio Fix so I have a stronger coverage but a matte-flawless finish. 

Have you tried Clinique's Stay Matte foundation? What are your thoughts on this?




You May Also Like

2 Comments

  1. Looks like a lovely light foundation for summer! Clinique is always a winner lately :)

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great as above said seems like a great summer foundation!

    www.beautyandtheboy.com

    ReplyDelete